Enjoy a once in a lifetime experience with DW Drums Senior Vice President John Good aka the “Wood Whisperer” and legendary touring drummer Russ Kunkel in California!
This experience includes:
- Hear inside scoop music industry stories over lunch with John and Russ
- Get a tour of DW Drums Factory and see first-hand how drums are made
- Go home with a beautiful, autographed snare drum by Russ Kunkel
Famous drummer Russell Kunkel, better known as Russ, has been a part of the music world for more than two memorable decades. Serving as drummer, and sometimes as producer, Kunkel has appeared and performed with top musical artists in almost every genre and style known to fans, including: Linda Ronstadt, Stevie Nicks, James Taylor, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, the Bee Gees, Dolly Parton, Dan Fogelberg, Stephen Stills, Harry Chapin, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Carole King, Joe Walsh, Neil Diamond, Glenn Frey, Wynonna Judd, B.B. King, Bob Segar and Carly Simon.
As Senior Vice President of DW Drums, John Good exudes passion when it comes to drums. While John’s first desire was to become a drummer, after lessons with DW founder Don Lombardi, John quickly transitioned into the manufacturing side. John’s early experiences as a drum technician and his ability to tune drums lead to him developing and refining the DW line of shells. Exact bearing edges and laminate orientation lead John to develop his unique timbre matching process to create a cohesive sound across the full drum set. John’s experience with and continued R&D in using unique wood combinations has led to many successful DW lines including the Timeless Timber, Eco-X, and Icon lines. John has spent decades traveling the globe to find the worlds most beautiful and exotic woods, refining the drum builder’s art and technology.
- Experience will occur within the following date range(s):
Dec 02, 2019 to Dec 06, 2019
Dec 18, 2019 to Dec 20, 2019
- Valid for 1 person.
- Duration: 10am to 2pm
- This is a private meet and greet.
- The winner may take a photo.
- The winner can take something small to be signed.
- A meal is part of the event.
- The meal cost is included.
- Alcoholic beverages are included.
- Gratuity is included.
- Experience cannot be resold or re-auctioned.
- Cannot be transferred.
- Blackout dates may apply.
- Travel and accommodations are not included.
- We expect all winning bidders and their guests to conduct themselves appropriately when attending an experience won at Charitybuzz. Polite manners and respect for the generous donor and adherence to any rules or parameters are a must.
- To be scheduled at a mutually agreed upon date, based on the donor’s availability.