Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Anybody Out There?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Welcome to the DrumHead forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anybody Out There?

Anybody Out There? 1 year, 2 months ago #96

My name is Bill, I'm 61, and I've been playing drums for about 50 years; school orchestra, garage bands, bar bands, original music, recorded in L.A., CA, as well as jamming with like-minded older folks like myself as of late.

I'm right in the middle of my 2-year print subscription to Drumhead! magazine. This is the second time I've subscribed, and this time I got the "2 years for the price of 1" promo, which also included free "Drumdots". Those are pretty good little dampeners!

My first subscription was in 2010, when they first started, and I chose to subscribe based on the caliber of musician's that were featured, the educational articles, and to keep up on new gear.

Back then, they included an actual CD in the magazine. That was an upgrade over the other publications and also a reason to commit to a subscription. Man, those were the days! You got the music files, right there!

Not like now...they're 2 issues behind on their downloads, and this is an ongoing technical problem that I wish the magazine would correct. I'd also appreciate if they'd add more writers to the printed version; Mover covered 75% of the articles in the last 3 issues...I'd appreciate more variety...

Any thoughts? Good luck to all subscribers and visitors, new and old drummers alike! bp

Re: Anybody Out There? 1 year, 2 months ago #98

Hello again:
After complaining about it on my first post, I felt compelled to write again as the editors have put up the most recent music files for Issues 52 and 53...it's about time, people! (Pun intended.)

I still am hoping this stays current; I noticed a post from 3 years ago with the same complaint.

Still wishing good luck and good fortune to all musicians and especially my fellow drummers-

Bill P.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds
Banner