Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Howdy
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Welcome to the DrumHead forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Howdy

Howdy 2 years, 5 months ago #71

Howdy! I just started playing drums on March 27 of this year. I plucked around on guitar since I was 14, but I never really enjoyed it (and therefore never practiced enough to get good) much. On the advice of a buddy of mine who has a recording studio in the Phoenix area, I took up drumming. Primo recommendation. I started drumming and suddenly my love of music and my need to play music all came together. My world is complete now that drumming is a part of it. It feels so natural.

I'm a tumbleweed, so I've lived in several places over the course of my life, but I was last in Texas before moving to Chicago a couple of years ago.

After 4 months on the drums, I was ready to commit to buying a kit. I'm playing a Roland V-Drums TD-4KP kit with a snare upgraded to a PDX-8, and a Pearl Eliminator P2000C pedal. At home, I plug in my Behringer HPX2000 headphones, but when I leave the house, I have a KAT KA1 monitor with me.

With 6 months of playing under my belt, I took part in my music shop's student show at a local venue. Having never played in front of an audience before (and this also being my first experience of playing with others), I was really anxious and discovered that More Nerves = Faster Tempo. Oops. Despite my wrecked nerves my first time out, I really enjoy drumming and look forward to getting better and playing with more folks.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Anneli Kunze.

Re: Howdy 1 year, 10 months ago #83

Welcome to the forum.

Re: Howdy 1 year, 2 months ago #95

Howdy, Anneli
My name's Bill, and I've been playing drums for many many years, and it's great to hear your story and enthusiasm!

I've been a subscriber to Drumhead magazing twice over the years, and right now, I'm in the middle of my 2 year second subscription.

I wonder if anyone else replied to your post, but I'll admit this is the first time I've ever done it, and this is a result of looking at many places on this website in order to find the latest download for Issue #52.

I'm going to post about it separately, but I noticed that this was the most recent, "drummer" post on the site, and for some reason felt compelled to touch bases.

It's refreshing to hear your thoughts on drumming after so many articles in the magazine from "know it all's" that have "done it all"...best of luck to you and your journey!
Bill P
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds
Banner