Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Me
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Welcome to the DrumHead forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Me

Me 3 years, 11 months ago #54

disdecl aboutI'm Mike Deaton , a 62 year old drummer/percussionist living n Oregon. I've been playing since 1958 (started in school in the Azores). I played professionally in the 60's & 70's , in Alaska & Hawaii (rock,blues,funk,jazz & show bands). I've been in Oregon, with my family, semi-retired, since 1981. I've played all over Oregon with a variety of bands & orchestras in the past 32 years, while working full time as a mailman, raising my kids ( & grandkids) & holding myriad positions in my community... (Scouts, Little League, Eagles, Elks, C. College Instructor, Union President & city committees ...)
I've played halfway around the world, from the Azores to Midway Island ( yes , that island) on my '68 Rogers Holiday 8 piece red onyx set my parents got me . I was in a couple of AK 'King of the Bands' in the 60's ( we were 5th in the National Battle in '68) & spent most of the 70's on an extended working vacation on all of the Hawaiian Islands. In OR Ive played everything from the Pendleton Round Up to the Newport (OR) Annual Jazz Festival to the Oregon Coast Blues Festivals to the Lincoln Pops Big Band (President Emeritus) to the State Fair to the OR Coast Performing Arts Center to the Snug Harbor, Bay Haven, Old Oregon, Timbers & most other bars & taverns around the state...
Great times & a great trip... &still ongoing...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds
Banner