Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Manchester attack: Bomber not acting alone, says A
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Non-Digital drumming related hardware and accessories for drum kits.
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Manchester attack: Bomber not acting alone, says A

Manchester attack: Bomber not acting alone, says A 2 months, 3 weeks ago #1251

The man who carried out a suicide attack in Manchester was "likely" to have not acted alone, Home Secretary Amber Rudd says.
Salman Abedi killed 22 and injured 64 when he blew himself up at the Manchester Arena on Monday night.
Police arrested three men in Manchester on Wednesday. Abedi's 23-year-old brother was arrested on Tuesday.
The UK terror threat level is now up to its highest level of "critical", meaning more attacks may be imminent.
It means military personnel are being deployed to protect key sites.
The Palace of Westminster has been closed to the public following police advice, and will not re-open until further notice, a statement on its website said.
And the Changing the Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace has been cancelled on Wednesday to redeploy police officers, the Ministry of Defence said.
 Manchester attack: Latest updates
 Special report on Manchester concert attack
Mrs Rudd said: "It was more sophisticated than some of the attacks we've seen before, and it seems likely - possible - that he wasn't doing this on his own."
BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner said that the bomber is thought to have been a "mule", using a device built by someone else.
Eight of the victims are known to be eight-year-old Saffie Roussos, Lisa Lees, Jane Tweddle-Taylor, 50, Martyn Hett, 29, Olivia Campbell, 15, Kelly Brewster, 32, John Atkinson, 28, and Georgina Callander - thought to be 18.
Two Polish people, Marcin and Angelika Klis, were also among those killed killed. They had been living in York for some time.
The injured are being treated at eight Greater Manchester hospitals. Of those, 20 are in a critical condition, and some have lost limbs.
The wounded include 12 children aged under 16.
Several people are still missing, including Eilidh MacLeod, 14, from Barra in the Outer Hebrides, Chloe Rutherford, 17, and Liam Curry, 19.
Eilidh's friend, Laura MacIntyre, 15 - who was also reported as missing - was later identified as one of the seriously injured in a Manchester hospital.
Manchester metro mayor Andy Burnham told the BBC that the attack had been the city's "darkest hour".
A hotline has been set up for people concerned about loved ones - 0800 096 0095.

Windows Customer Service | Windows Helpline Number | Windows Contact Number

Re: Manchester attack: Bomber not acting alone, says A 1 month, 4 weeks ago #1538

Finsbury Park attack: Son of hire boss held over Facebook post

A man has been arrested on suspicion of posting an offensive Facebook post about the London Finsbury Park attack.
Police said a 37-year-old, believed to be the son of an owner of the Rhondda Cynon Taff company whose van was used in Monday's attack, is in custody.
Richard Evans allegedly posted: "It's a shame they don't hire out steam rollers or tanks could have done a tidy job then."
His father, Lee Evans, said he condemned the remarks.
South Wales Police said a 37-year-old man was being held on suspicion of displaying threatening, abusive, insulting written material with intent that is likely to stir up racial hatred.
 Community's shock at man's arrest
 Finsbury Park attack: Community holds vigil
 What we know so far
 Welsh hire van in mosque terror attack
 In pictures: Finsbury Park attack
Comments made by an account under the name of Richard Gear Evans Facebook, which were then shared by others on Twitter, read: "Glad I'm not running the van hire the police wouldn't like what my answer would be.
"It's my dad's company I don't get involved it's a shame they don't hire out steam rollers or tanks could have done a tidy job then."
The comments and account profile appear to have since been deleted.
Lee Evans said: "I want to condemn in the strongest possible terms these ill-considered Twitter comments, which in no way reflect my own view or indeed those of anyone else in the family.
"The attack in Finsbury Park was shocking and cowardly. Together with all the staff at Pontyclun Van Hire, I am doing everything I can to assist the Metropolitan Police in their inquiries."
Darren Osborne, 47, from Cardiff, is being held on suspicion of the commission, preparation and instigation of terrorism, attempted murder and murder following the incident at Finsbury Park.
On Tuesday evening, the Met's counter terrorism unit was given an extension until the early hours of Saturday to question Mr Osborne.
The attack in Finsbury Park happened as an ill man was receiving first aid from the public near the mosque, where people had been saying Ramadan night prayers.
The van was apparently driven at people who were helping him.
Police said they were still trying to establish if there was a link between the man's death and the attack.
The man died and nine people were taken to three London hospitals, while two others were treated for minor injuries.
Witnesses said they heard the driver, who was detained by members of the public before police arrived, shout: "I am going to kill Muslims."
One of Mr Osborne's neighbours said they thought they had seen him sleeping in a van on Saturday night.
South Wales Police confirmed that 24 hours before the London attack it had responded to a 101 call following reports of an "insecure van" in the Llanedeyrn area of Cardiff.
Officers found a man asleep inside, but no offence had been committed.

Also visit my previous post click here

Acer Helpline Number
Last Edit: 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Sumantha Black.
  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds
Banner